Below is a list of the Required & Recommended equipment for players. At the bottom of the page there is a list of locations you can purchase the equipment.
Required Equipment (note that the examples below are mostly “youth” size):
- Mouthpiece with strap, example:
- Helmet with full face shield, example:
- Elbow Pads, example:
- Gloves, example:
- Protective Cup, example for boys: example for girls:
- Shin Guards, example:
- Skates, example:
- Wood Stick, example: Beginning players should use a straight blade until they know whether they’ll hold the stick right- or left-handed. Many, many people who are right-handed actually hold the stick with their right hand on top (that is, they use a left-handed stick). In other words, a hockey stick is not a baseball bat! Let your child do whatever is most comfortable for him or her.
Optional but recommended:
- Girdle, example:
- Shoulder Pads, example:
- Pants, example:
- Gear bag, example:
- Pucks, For practicing in the driveway! example:
- Stick tape, example:
- Clear tape, example:
- Water bottle, example:
- Performance Underwear, example of shirt: example of pants: Wearing an undershirt/underpants prevents chafing from elbow pads and shin guards to keep your child comfortable.
Places to Purchase:
BishopHockey.com’s Classified Ads – parents and past players often get rid of their gear when it’s no longer needed, so check back frequently or put a “want ad” of your own out there.
Carson City’s PlayItAgainSports; they offer a discount if you mention you’re from SRHL!